Pages

Saturday 18 May 2013

A Scene at Railway Station


I went to the railway station last week to see off my brother who was going to Islamabad to appear for an interview. When we reached the station, we found that there was a great rush of people going into and coming out of the railway station. There was a long queue at the platform ticket window. After getting my platform ticket, we went to the platform from where my brother was to board the train. Some passengers were walking up and down the platform while some where taking tea. Other were reading magazines and newspapers .Vendors were selling books, magazines, sweets, snacks,  groundnuts and toys etc. Coolies were carrying luggage from one place to another. There was great noise and rush of people at they platform. Then the train arrived. There was pulling and pushing. Many passengers got down the train and many got in. Hawkers started shouting at the top of their voice. My brother got in the train and occupied his seat. The guard blew the whistle and waved the green flag. The train started moving and soon left the platform. Those who had gone to see someone off or receive someone left for home. After seeing my brother off, I also left for home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ads